Author Topic: Dirt Vid  (Read 19079 times)

the lostcause

Dirt Vid
« on: February 24, 2006, 04:18:34 PM »
After a 9 year break from mtbing(stopped when i was 17)...i just got back into it recently
I was going through all my tapes and stumbled across Dirt - the tape that made me want to mtb in the start watching the fun Jason & the guys had, watched it three times now..and it still has the same effect on me...just makes me want to get out there and ride.

Im chuffed that this site exists, and thumbs up Jim,a truly great memorial site. Wish i could have met him. Jason was an inspiration to all, especially for me and my friends here in Dublin who started mtbing all those years ago, and he continues to be for me.

Paul
Ireland

inspired

Dirt Vid
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:31:33 AM »
I know exactly what you're talking about.  10 years ago I got into riding, when someone sat me down and put Dirt on.  I was hooked!  That was early August 1995.  Here we are, 10 years on, so much has changed, but I still watch Dirt and think "awesome".  

I dont know why, but I'd never visited the site until today, and the first thing I saw was the dates under Jason's name, 1971 - 1995.  I'm 24 now, and it really hit home how much he achieved in his time.  Jason, and his family, continue to be an inspiration to me, and to the people I ride with.  

Respect.

Ride Free, JMC

Bry, Manchester

JaseIOW

Dirt Vid
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 02:50:28 AM »
Back in '95 when i was the tender age of 11, i watched "dirt" for the very first time. What an amazing, well made piece of film that is!
As has been said here before, it really was the type of video that made you want to get out there and ride.
I think the fact that Jason and I share the same name made him even more of  a big inspiration for me.
You know how it is at that age where we all have our idols and we want to be just like them............well, Jason was one of mine:D
I would have loved to have met the guy, seems like the type that would have been one of our riding buddies!
To achieve so much in such a short space of time takes a true legend!

I dont ride as much as i should do anymore, but whenever i watch that film, i just can't help myself.

Much repect due JMC,

Ride Free dude!

Jase, Isle of Wight

Anonymous

Dirt Vid
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 10:13:52 PM »
This is my first post on the site. I have so much to thank jason for.... i know that sounds strange but i first watched Dirt when i was 16, i was already into biking but at that age girls and errrr girls where the only thing on my mind. Dirt kept me on the straight and narrow... biking. A few years later (when i was 20) i finally got a job in sales at my local bike shop and from i now own my own business, its not a cycle shop, but the closest i could get  (an outdoor shop) i still look to dirt and jason for that motivation and even though i have loads of biking dvds i still watch the VIDEO of dirt the most!

an inspiration to us all

james

Dirt Vid
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 04:27:51 PM »
hi would just like to say jason seemed like a great guy would of loved to of met him and that the Dirt Video is amazing most probobly the video i watch most i was showen it when i was about 10 by my dad it allways inspires and motivates me.
thank you jason much respect
James (17)

gld

the dirt vid
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 11:18:49 AM »
as i was about 15 or 16 i already was really into mtbiking. my exexex-girlfriend came back from some school exhange program and as a "gift" she had the issue of the MBUK which included the dirt film. at that time it was the only mtb film i had. but this is not the reason why i watched it a thousand times. not like modern bike films...it is just about friends having fun together. and it was honest an real, one noticed that.
most of all jason was inspiring me. his appearance and style was one of the big influences in my younger days and still is today.

but then my girlfriend and me broke up and she had the opinion that it was her film and she just kept it. i can understand that. because it is best bikefilm i have ever seen but it was more than that for me. jason - thank you very much for everything.

gerald

germany
at sleep eat

SJJ

Re: Dirt Vid
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 02:07:33 PM »
Hi,

Like you guys I first watched this as a teenager - was a mates, I never had my own copy, it just kept getting passed around! Echo the sentiments above about Dirt and in the forum about Jason.

I stopped biking at 17; was working Saturdays and Sundays in a car shop and my GT LTS 3000DS (RST Hi-Fives with bump stops removed for more 'plushness'!) was sold to make way for a string of Novas... yes, really. 7 years on I'm thinking of chopping my car in for a cheaper one to finance another bike ;) although who knows how crap I'll be! Plus I need to find some peeps to ride with but hey ho.

I finally managed to get my own copy of Dirt and have got it up on the trusty 'Tube!

Part One of Four: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42LrVrs3s0
Part Two of Four: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf1AM0WNoCM
Part Three of Four: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEFVHwMDXB0
Part Four of Four: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys5T_SzJRus

Can't believe how awesome this video is! The attitudes, styles and skills are class - is MTBing even like this anymore? As the vid says... Don't ask the reasons why... 'cos there aren't any.

Paul Bailey

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »
Awesome...  got the vid myself all those years back then lost it some time after.  Thanks for putting it on UTube man.  I'm smiling!!!!

BigD

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 09:07:24 PM »
Just sat with my 5 1/2 year old mtb mad son and watched Dirt. The first thing he said is "Dad, that guy is awesome". He was referring to JMC of course. And his first impressions were exactly the same as mine when I first watched it over 20 years ago!!! You will always be an inspiration to so many. Ride free JMC. Peace.

Correira

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 06:43:27 PM »
That's awesome. I'm going to do the same with my kid as soon as he's old enough. I also watched this back in the day and loved it.